Wednesday 16 October 2013

Mini Jack-o-Lantern

Ok so whilst Halloween is best known as an American tradition (although I believe it actually started in Ireland, correct me if I'm wrong though), it is definitely gaining popularity here in Australia.

Each year more and more merchandise is hitting the stores in prep for it. We still only get one or two knocks on the door by trick or treaters but we know of more people having costume parties to celebrate the day. 

Next year I'd love to have a Halloween party. It's not good timing for us this year as we are due very soon with our second daughter. 

That aside, whilst I was doing my food shopping today I came across these epically cute "Mini Jacks".


 They're about the size of an orange and cost $2. I couldn't resist and bought one, that I will probably carve in the next couple days. It is my first carving of a pumpkin so I'm pretty excited.

I did TMNT watermelon last year but that was because it looked cooler in a green shape than orange. Also I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin.

Still undecided what to do for its face, but I think it will be a character of some sort and not just a scary smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment