Monday 5 November 2012

Sleepy and stormy nights

Wow the heavens are having a party tonight! Lightning, thunder, rain, wind. It's got it all!!

Sadly though it means lots of noise at random moments which are very inconvenient when trying to put your baby to bed! Tonight, I was fighting what seemed to be a losing battle against bubba and the thunder. I had just started to accept the idea that Scarlett was going to be sleeping in with us when out of nowhere, silence.

Her monitor went quiet, instantly! After popping my head into her room I relaxed knowing she had just managed to fall asleep in spite of the theatrics happening in the skies outside. Hopefully it is going to be a good sleep tonight like the other good nights we are slowly getting used to.

After almost 11 months of life, our beautiful little girl has started "sleeping through". For this I am very grateful! I don't know what we did exactly or if she just worked it out by herself. Whatever it is I hope to keep it going.

It may take a little while for my body to adjust to it though! I'm so used to getting up and just generally getting very little sleep that getting a full night really knocks me for six. I'm sure I can get used to it fairly quickly though!

Hopefully the weather outside doesn't affect it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment